Friday, January 1, 2016

Hello 2016

Can you believe it?  Here we are, another year has passed, it FLEW by in fact!  So much changed for us in 2015, it has been both the worst year and the best year of my life. I'm not going to go into all the details, but I may highlight a few.  For half the year my routine and fitness really had taken shape and I was feeling great, fit and strong; and then something changed, I lost myself, my drive, my focus, too much was going on at one time and I had to let go.  It was hard, it was not easy, but it was necessary or I was going to lose me.

We began the year looking for a new house, again.  I honestly was not looking forward to it as we had tried and failed twice before.  We set out, went through some okay homes, but mostly they were plain awful.  Neither of us were having any fun and we were both frustrated, in the end I gave up.  I asked my hubby to find us an apartment in a new area and we would try again in the next year and that is exactly what we did.  He found us a 3 bedroom apartment, close to work and shopping, closer to family and quite expensive.  We hired movers, packed boxes and set our date.  Hubby went to do the walkthrough while I was at work, our movers cancelled and it was further downhill from there.  By the next morning we both knew it was a mistake and called it off.   

In the next few weeks, with no place to go, no idea what we were going to do we had to give up to God. I couldn't even tell you all the moving pieces, everything unfolded before us, doors opened and the pathway cleared.  We ended up building a house in a small town, close to work, shopping, family and easy access to highways!  It's been quite an adventure, with its own ups and downs, but I am so excited for us!!

We also became grandparents in 2015!! A beautiful granddaughter in January, a handsome grandson in July and 3 bonus grand kiddos too!!! It has been a fantastic journey and the joy we have felt with our grandkids is immeasurable.  I cannot believe how blessed we are. Grandkids bring you a special kind of joy, you get to just enjoy them, without the parenting pressure, just enjoy their presence.  It's simply amazing.

I have been thinking over my goals in December and will spend the final week, job willing, focusing on them, writing them out and really getting focused for the New Year.  I cannot wait to see how it all unfolds.  So as I am writing this the New Year is just around the corner, new challenges, new adventures, new horizons and new journeys.  My new word for the year is to come. Join me on the journey of 2016.

No comments :

Post a Comment